- ServingsNot available
- 310 ml Elmlea double cream light
- 500 grams block of shortcrust pastry
- 200 grams mixed tomatoes sliced or halved depending on size
- 4 medium eggs
- 100 grams cheddar grated plus extra to serve
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- small handful of chives finely chopped
- salt and pepper
|Energy (kcal)||4494 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||18800 kJ|
|Protein (g)||89.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||246.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||235.6 g|
|Sugar (g)||11.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||10.4 g|
|Fat (g)||353.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||145.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||188.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||156.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||32.6 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||1106 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||2375 mg|
|Salt (g)||5.93 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||6944 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||10.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||1075 mg|
|Iron (mg)||16.70 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||890 mg|
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Drape pastry over quiche tin so there is an overhang.
- Push pastry into the corners of the tin and chill in the fridge or freezer for 20 mins.
- Lightly prick the base of the quiche with a fork, then line with a large circle of greaseproof paper.
- Fill with baking beans and blind-bake for 10 mins.
- Remove the paper and beans, then continue to cook for 10 mins until golden brown. Beat the eggs with the Elmlea Double Light, thyme, chives and add 50g of the cheese in a large bowl or jug, then season.
- When the pastry is ready, sprinkle the remaining 50g of cheese over the base.
- Now pour over the mix, followed by the sliced tomatoes.
- Finally, scatter over the rest of the cheese and bake for 20- 25 mins until set and golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the pastry case and trim edges of the pastry.
- Remove from tin and finish with some fresh basil.