JAMIE LAING’S STRAWBERRY, GOATS CHEESE AND BALSAMIC PIZZA
“#DoMoreThanPour is about combining two great British passions – tennis and cooking. For me, it is about having the right ingredients in the fridge to experiment, try something new and create delicious dishes that bring people together. A surprisingly different dish, my strawberries and cream pizza does exactly that!”
- ServingsNot available
- 375 grams plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 7 grams dried active yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 160 ml warm water (45 C)
- 2 tbsp Elmlea double cream
- 80 grams soft mild goat's cheese crumbled
- 250 grams strawberries leafy ends removed and thinly sliced
- 225 grams ball mozzarella drained and shredded
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaves picked and torn
- balsamic glaze to serve
|Energy (kcal)||2560 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||10716 kJ|
|Protein (g)||93.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||332.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||315.7 g|
|Sugar (g)||34.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||16.8 g|
|Fat (g)||93.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||40.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||45.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||38.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||6.9 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||219 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||3774 mg|
|Salt (g)||9.44 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||2009 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||138.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||1261 mg|
|Iron (mg)||6.73 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1028 mg|
- To make the dough, evenly combine the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Mix together the oil and water.
- Gradually add the liquid to the flour, mixing continuously with a wooden spoon until you have a soft dough.
- Tip out on a lightly floured work surface and knead for 5mins until smooth and elastic. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest for 15mins.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and preheat a heavy, large baking tray.
- On a lightly dusted sheet of a baking parchment roll the pizza dough into a 30cm circle.
- Mix the goats cheese with the Elmlea Double until smooth then spread out over the pizza base. Top with the strawberries, mozzarella and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Using the parchment, slide the pizza onto the preheated baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25mins until golden, bubbling and the base is crisp.
- Top with the fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.