- 285 ml Elmlea double cream
- 230 grams strawberries hulled and halved (reserving some halves for serving)
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 crushed meringue to serve
- 2 mint to serve
- Mash strawberries and icing sugar together until soft, but still not completely smooth.
- In another bowl, whip the Elmlea Double until it forms soft peaks.
- Stir in 3⁄4 of the strawberries lightly with a metal spoon.
- Spoon into glasses, layering with the remaining mashed and halved strawberries.
- Serve cold with crushed meringue.