ROMAN KEMP’S ETON MESS POTS
“From mixing tracks to mixing bowls! What this challenge has shown me is that you can create something truly special with the simplest of ingredients. If I can #DoMoreThanPour and create a truly mouth-watering Eton mess, anyone can.”
- 500 grams strawberries green tops removed and cut into quarters
- 450 ml Elmlea double cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar plus extra for dusting
- 6 nests meringue broken into large chunks
|Energy (kcal)||2062 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||8661 kJ|
|Protein (g)||16.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||139.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||130.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||114.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||9.4 g|
|Fat (g)||167.9 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||103.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||55.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||48.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||6.9 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||616 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||266 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.67 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||6671 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||279.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||368 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.07 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1057 mg|
- Blitz a handful of the strawberries to make a strawberry sauce.
- In a large bowl, whisk the Elmlea double with the icing sugar until it just holds its shape.
- In layers, spoon the cream, meringues, strawberries and strawberry sauce into glasses, repeating until you have used all the ingredients.
- Serve with a final drizzle of strawberry sauce and a sprinkle of icing sugar.