Christmas Pudding Semifreddo
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings8 portions
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 50 g mixed candied peel
- 50 g pistachios shelled roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 4 large egg whites
- 100 g caster sugar
- 284 ml tub Elmlea double cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100 g white chocolate finely chopped plus extra to serve
- 100 g cooked Christmas pudding broken into chunks
|Energy (kcal)||325 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1360 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||35.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||34.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||28.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.3 g|
|Fat (g)||19.9 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||10.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||7.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||6.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||52 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||40 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.10 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||542 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||58 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.48 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||119 mg|
- Oil and line a 1L pudding basin with cling film. Set aside 1tbsp each of the cranberries, candied peel and pistachios.
- Mix together the brandy, remaining cranberries and candied peel. Set aside while you make the semi-freddo
- Whisk the egg whites until they hold their shape then gradually add the sugar, whisking between each addition until you have smooth glossy peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Elmlea Double and ground cinnamon until it holds its shape.
- Fold the egg whites into the Elmlea, one third at a time, until well combined then fold in the dried fruit, pistachios, 40g of the white chocolate and Christmas pudding. Pour into the pudding basin, cover with cling film and freeze overnight until set.
- Transfer to the freezer 30mins before you’re ready to serve. Unwrap the clingfilm and remove from the basin
- Melt the remaining white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of boiling water and pour on top of the pudding. Decorate with any leftover fruit and nuts. Serve in wedges.