Chocolate Cake With Creamy Chocolate Sauce
- Prep time20 minutes
- Servings10 portions
- 200 g Flora Buttery cubed plus extra for greasing
- 200 g dark chocolate broken into chunks
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 50 g plain flour
- 50 g ground almond
- 284 ml pot Elmlea double cream
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g 70% cocoa dark chocolate broken into chunks
- 20 g Flora Buttery
- pinch sea salt
|Energy (kcal)||446 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1865 kJ|
|Protein (g)||7.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||47.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||44.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||36.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.3 g|
|Fat (g)||26.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||13.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||10.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||8.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||130 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||64 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.16 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||560 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||65 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.50 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||281 mg|
- First, make the cake. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 23cm loose-bottom circular cake tin.
- Melt the Flora Buttery and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water. Set aside to cool for 5mins.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy before gently folding in the chocolate and Flora Buttery. Sift over the flour and almond, stir to combine then tip into the prepared tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 35-40mins until a crust has formed and a skewer comes out cleanly when inserted in the middle.
- To make the chocolate sauce, heat the Elmlea Double and caster sugar in a pan until it starts to steam. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and Flora Buttery and allow to melt. Stir to combine and season with a small pinch of sea salt.
- Serve the chocolate tart with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a few berries.
Freeze the cake in slices to make ahead