Spicy Pork Fillet Soft Shell Tacos
- Prep time25 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 2 tbsps piri piri seasoning
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 carrot coarsely grated
- 3 spring onions
- handful coriander roughly chopped
- 2 limes juice and zest
- 100 mL Elmlea double cream
- 8 taco shells
- 1 baby gem lettuce finely shredded
- 4 tbsps tomato salsa
|Energy (kcal)||422 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1766 kJ|
|Protein (g)||23.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||36.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||28.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||7.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||8.6 g|
|Fat (g)||21.9 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||9.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||11.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||6.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||88 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||369 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.93 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||15440 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||65.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||157 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.72 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1108 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Take the pork out of the fridge 20mins before you’re ready to cook.
- Rub the peri peri seasoning all over the pork and season with sea salt and black pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat, add the pork and evenly brown. Transfer to a baking tray and roast in the oven for 25-30mins or until fully cooked. Leave to rest for 5mins then slice into strips.
- Mix together the cabbage, carrot, spring onion, coriander and the juice and zest of 1 lime. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Whip the Elmlea Double until it holds its shape. Stir through the zest of 1 lime and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Warm the tacos and fill with the pork, slaw, lettuce, salsa and a drizzle of the Elmlea to serve.
TIP: This dish is also delicious using chicken instead of pork.