Chocolate Easter Muffins
Elmlea ‘Emily’s Easy Easter’ Recipes
- Prep time20 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 225 g golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 220 g self raising flour
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 50 g milk chocolate drops
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 70 g dark chocolate
- 70 g milk chocolatee
- 200 ml Elmlea Double
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- mini eggs whole or crushed
|Energy (kcal)||363 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1519 kJ|
|Protein (g)||4.6 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||45.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||43.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||28.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.9 g|
|Fat (g)||18.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||11.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||5.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.9 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||80 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||245 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.61 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||448 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||86 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.41 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||138 mg|
- Pre-heat you’re oven to 180*c / gas 4.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl of barely simmering water. Don’t let the base touch the water and keep an eye on the water, making sure it doesn’t get too hot.
- Leave to cool.
- Beat the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Fold into the cooled chocolate.
- Sieve in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Fold until you have a smooth batter.
- Divide between the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes, until risen.
- Leave to cool in the tin, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the ganache, finely chop the chocolate and place into a heatproof bowl.
- Warm the Elmlea and caster sugar in a saucepan, do not boil. Pour the warmed Elmlea over the chocolate and leave it for a few minutes, stir until you have smooth glossy finish.
- Cover with cling film and leave to cool, then place in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
- Now whisk the ganache until light and fluffy, ideally with an electric hand whisk then pop into a piping bag with a nozzle and pipe a swirl onto each muffin.
- Sprinkle over some crushed mini eggs and enjoy.