Elmlea ‘Emily’s Easy Easter’ Recipes
- Servings2 portions
- 135 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 135 ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- A little sunflower oil
- Elmlea Double
- maple syrup
|Energy (kcal)||442 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1849 kJ|
|Protein (g)||12.8 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||85.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||82.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||29.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.0 g|
|Fat (g)||5.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||2.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.9 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||102 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||831 mg|
|Salt (g)||2.08 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||272 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||6.7 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||284 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.68 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||369 mg|
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- In a jug whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 1 tsp of sunflower oil and swirl around the pan.
- Using a ladle, add a generous amount of the batter in a round for the bunny’s body. Cook until bubbles start to appear on the top, flip over and cook for 30 seconds and remove from the pan.
- Now do two slightly smaller rounds for the Bunny’s head.
- Eight small ovals for the hands and feet, and 4 longer strips for the ears.
- Place the body pancake towards the bottom of the plate, leaving some room to add the head and ears, if the ears overhang that’s ok.
- Place the two hands and feet either side of the body.
- Whip the Elmlea until soft peaks. Using a piping bag and nozzle, pipe a lovely rose on top of the pancake for the tail and also along the ears.
- Place the sultanas to look like toes, sliced banana for the feet pads, and add blueberries for the eyes.
- Place sliced strawberries into the Elmlea and finally drizzle with a little maple syrup.