Butternut Squash Soup
- Prep time10 minutes
- Servings4 portions
- 1 butternut squash 1kg peeled deseeded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Flora Plant
- 2 onions diced
- 1 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 mild red chillies deseeded and finely chopped
- 850 ml hot vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp Elmlea Plant Double and more to serve
|Energy (kcal)||186 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||779 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.8 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||31.3 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||26.3 g|
|Sugar (g)||9.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.9 g|
|Fat (g)||7.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||5.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||516 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.29 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||20704 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||62.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||107 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.64 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||798 mg|
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Cut 1 peeled and deseeded butternut squash into large cubes, about 4cm/1½in across, then toss in a large roasting tin with 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Roast for 30 mins, turning once during cooking, until golden and soft.
- While the butternut squash cooks, melt 1 tbsp Flora Plant B+tter with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan, then add the onions, garlic and ¾ of the deseeded and finely chopped red chillies.
- Cover and cook on a very low heat for 15-20 mins until the onions are completely soft.
- Tip the butternut squash into the pan, add 850ml hot vegetable stock and 4 tbsp Elmlea Double Plant, then whizz with a stick blender until smooth. Return to the pan, gently reheat, then season to taste.
- Serve the soup in bowls with swirls of Elmlea Double Plant and a scattering of the remaining chopped chilli.