Vegan Double Whipped Oreo Cheesecake
Recipe by @charlotteemmma
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Servings8 portions
- 50 g vegan butter
- 600 g oreos
- 750 g vegan cream cheese
- 200 g icing sugar
- 270 ml Elmlea Plant
- 270 ml Elmlea Plant
|Energy (kcal)||449 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1880 kJ|
|Protein (g)||4.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||77.9 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||75.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||55.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.1 g|
|Fat (g)||14.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||4.8 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||9.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||6.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.7 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||345 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.86 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||17 mg|
|Iron (mg)||6.52 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||162 mg|
- Melt the butter and add to a food processor with 300g Oreos. Pulse until it forms a fine rubble that sticks together when pressed between your fingers.
- Tip into a 9” cake tin (ideally with a Springform/push-out bottom) and use the back of a spoon to tightly pack the mixture over the bottom of the tin and about halfway up the sides. Place in the fridge while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- Use a butter knife to scrape the cream from the middle of the remaining 300g Oreos and place into a small saucepan. Set aside the biscuits.
- Add 60ml of the Elmlea Plant Cream to the saucepan and heat gently until the Oreo cream and Plant Cream have melted together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric hand whisk until smooth (about 2 minutes). Add in the icing sugar and the melted white chocolate mixture and whisk again until well combined.
- Pour in an additional 240ml Plant Cream and beat until thick and fluffy (3 – 4 minutes).
- Place the remaining 300g Oreos into a zip-lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush into pieces – don’t crush them into dust, you want a few large chunky bits!
- Reserve a handful or two of the Oreo rubble for topping, pour the remainder into the cheesecake mix and fold through.
- Pour the Oreo cheesecake mixture onto the base and fill the tin to the top. Smooth using the back of a spoon and refrigerate for 5 – 6 hours or overnight.
- Whip the remaining 270ml Plant Cream with an electric hand whisk for 5 – 6 minutes, until it is thickened and formed soft peaks. Dollop on top of the cheesecake and top with the reserved crushed Oreos. Store in the fridge.